Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dalton - Help Me Out on this One, Y'all!

March 3, 2014

Help Me Out on this One, Y’all!

Ok, before I forget, I have this goal that I have and I could use some help.  Missionaries have tracted here for a long time, but it's still a branch.  I've decided to use one new finding technique every day for the foreseeable future.  I'll see how it works out this week, but I don't want to run out of ideas.  For example, on Saturday I want to make free caricatures in our plaza de armas  [Google Translate says plaza de armas means parade ground or barracks square].  So, I mean, be creative.  It doesn't matter if you have served a mission or not.  Thanks!

Ok, let's see.  Hey, I have a phone!  What a rush it is to report your numbers Sunday night in the comfort of your own room.

Also, something a little funny.  President Archibald came to our branch for church by surprise, in part to do our interviews that he didn't have time to do before.  He personally handed to me the most recent package from home, apostate stickers and all.  [When I send a package to Peru, I always put religious stickers all over it in hopes that it will increase the chances of safe arrival. Whatever works, right?]  Hey, by the way, loved the package.  Laughed out loud several times, especially with Corbin's quote about the dinosaur.  Tell Ami and Corbin thanks!  Oh, and the rest of you too.  It's really nice of you to do.  But hey, that's expensive!  Don't worry about sending me stuff.  Elder Peña is currently telling me to write you otherwise because he liked the chocolate, but I'm resisting.

Amado told us this past week that he's going to Lima to get his birth certificate and medical exams done to get married.  He's the best.  Honestly, he came to church with us today even though his less active (almost) wife slept in.  That was nice.

I love this branch.  I think it has taken me a year to truly even scratch the surface with Chapter 4 in PMG, and that is the most exciting part to me.  Just this morning, I was reading in Alma 19, and the story of Abish really hit me.  The Lord has been preparing my success here for I don't even know how many years, and I just need to follow the Spirit to not let the preparation go to waste.

Love you all!  And ideas, please!  From everyone.


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment