Friday, November 1, 2013

Davi - Thanks for titling my emails. Ain’t nobody got time to think of clever titles.

10/28/13

Hi, y’all!

Man, time is like literally flying.  It’s starting to freak me out.  

I can’t believe the missionaries don’t talk to people at activities.  That’s the only reason they should go. Oh man, Dad—you are a dream come true of a church leader.  It would be such a privilege working under your leadership.

I started crying when I read that about Sparks Middle school [the shooting that took place on Oct 21st].  I can’t believe it.  I will pray for them.  The world is in so much sadness.  We have the truth and the happiness, y’all!!!! Please just give it a chance.  

This week, one of my favorite moments was when this little girl who I wave to when she plays in the dirt just ran up to me and gave me this huge hug and didn’t let go for a while, and then just kept running. Children really can tell who we represent here.  It’s beautiful.  

We met some people this week who are way staunch—and I am so excited about.  We had some powerhouse 20-minute lessons with a couple of staunch people where the Spirit just testified.  It’s cool when we teach people with strong spirits, because it seems like the Spirit comes in stronger to match it.

We had two amazing intercambios [exchanges] this week.  I love the sisters in the mission.  I am learning so much from the examples of them and their areas.  It is so cool and humbling being with them and learning from them.  Hard, and I love it so much.

Brag moment - Saturday, one person asked if I was from Colombia, and another if I was from Spain.  No one this week asked me which state in the U.S. I was from.  Boom!  But I avoid situations in which I have to use subjunctive tense, so when I quit being a baby and start challenging myself again, the questions will come back. But it’s just cool how much help I have received.  

Some people really broke my heart this week.  It’s incredible what I am learning.  How to give your heart completely and wholly and know that maybe it will get handed back to you broken.  But hey, that’s what Christ did.  When He was carrying the cross, the very people who He was paying the sins of were spitting on Him.  But He didn’t stop loving.  Never.  He never gave less.  Its incredible, isn’t it?  I love Him so much.  And it is such a privilege to work with Him.

Love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And i loooooooove being a missionary!

Hermana J





1 comment:

  1. She makes me want to be a full-time missionary...or at least a better missionary myself. Love her spirit!

    ReplyDelete