Thursday, June 12, 2014

Go, My Favorite Sports Team!

June 9, 2014

Go, My Favorite Sports Team!  [had to quote Brian Regan right there]

I'm sorry for not being super motivated to write right now.  I still haven't 100% recovered from the salsa party on Saturday night we heard outside our window.  I'm not much for remembering my dreams, but I imagine that it involved me dancing with a rose in my mouth.

A nice experience from this week happened on Tuesday.  We went to go tracting, something that many times we don't actually do because we are generally looking for less actives.  On the first door we knocked, this lady came out and started telling us that she just had the most difficult day of her entire life the day before.  She was telling us as well about the situation with her husband, who was tricked with a false job offer and held hostage in Honduras.  She actually talked to us a long time, and said afterwards that she felt that we were sent from God because she was praying before we came and she needed someone to talk to.  As we left, I was walking and realized how privileged we really are.  We are allowed to answer prayers, though we may not realize it in the process nor be very apt in so doing.

Elna Risco says that she is not going to get baptized, even though Carlos really wants to.  He says that he will only do so as a family decision, to which I can't argue.  But, we fasted and we'll see what happens when we give them time to think it out.

On the other hand, Jorge Astete has a calling now and will receive the Melchizedek Priesthood next Sunday. We started with them and they were having some tense times, but now they are as a family should be.  I really couldn't be happier for them.

Anyway, that's it for me this week.  Just trying to pretend that I have been a soccer fan my whole life when people talk about the world cup.  It's exhausting.

Love you all!  Chao.


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment