Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Davi - Talking about ice cream

10/14/13

Hi, y'all!

I got a new companion this week!  Her name is Hermana Gomez, and she is from Lima, and she is a super hard worker, which I am loving.  She is really great and we are excited to be in this area together.
Gosh, I feel like that sentence sounded like I am writing this letter to my mission president.  Sorry y’all.

Let’s see.....  I forgot to take notes on my week.  So I really can’t remember anything.

Gean Carlo.  Oh he is the best there ever was.  He is 12, but talks and acts like he is 16.  He has such a yearning to learn and such a capacity for it.  He always reads and has questions for us.  We are teaching his mom, and recently started teaching his uncle.  Last lesson with them, we asked what would be different in their lives if they knew that the real Church of Christ, the same one He established, was on the Earth so they could be a part of it.  And he said, "Oh, I already know.  When I was at that baptism, and we were singing hymns, I knew.  And then when I heard the prophet speak, I felt something too.  And I just knew.  I already asked my mom if I could get baptized.  Because that’s how to become a member, right?” Keep in mind this is the second time we have met with him and his mom.  Wow.  Anyway, his mom doesn’t quite get it yet.  So we are working on it.  And to think, it all started talking about ice cream in a tienda [store] line.  Classic.  

Gosh, I don’t even know where to start!  Sorry, I will be more organized next week.

Ok, something really that I just feel like I am learning over and over again is that we have to understand our relationship with God every day.  We may think that we can help other people with trying to do other things first, but it isn’t true.  Everything works out when you first feel His love for you.  Lehi got to the tree before he asked anyone else to join him.  I know that all of these tools are in place to help us remember God, and find our happiness through Him.  

Dios les conoce, y les ama.   [God knows them, and loves them.]

I love being a missionary, and I love you!!!!!!!!!


Hermana J

1 comment:

  1. "Ok, something really that I just feel like I am learning over and over again is that we have to understand our relationship with God every day. We may think that we can help other people with trying to do other things first, but it isn’t true....Lehi got to the tree before he asked anyone else to join him." Such wisdom. So true.

    ReplyDelete