Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thanks for the pre-Skype repentance, siblings.

May 5, 2014

Thanks for the pre-Skype repentance, siblings.

Oh, I see how it is.  You all write me right in time for Mother's Day.  It's as though you are related to me or something.  I applaud you all.

Ok, Elder Brito is officially in his house [in America we say "at home"], so now I'm with just Elder Rivera.  Some incredible things, some big disappointments.  At the very least, it was definitely not a boring week.

One of the highlights of the week was with Giancarlos and Evelyn, who we were committing to come to church and being baptized.  He was telling us with the Sabbath day commandment that he wasn't sure if he would be able to follow through and that he doesn't want to commit to something that he can't follow through with.  I felt the nagging feeling to tell him to pray if he should get baptized, even though we hardly had brought up the subject of baptism.  I didn't know if it was just me or the Spirit prompting me, but I knew that there is only one way to find out.  He started to pray, but then almost couldn't finish because he was crying like a child.  It was a very sweet experience, and they are going to get married in June.

I'm very happy here.  Here are just some pictures from Paramonga.  The baptisms and the pensionist, I think.

Love you all.


Elder Johnson






No comments:

Post a Comment