Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Crazy Sisters Dancing

Email from July 7, 2014

Man, some real miracles happen in the mission.  You know? The other day, the words my comp used to describe me were humble and patient.  I know all of you are laughing right now.  I was like, that’s so crazy. Because those would have been the very last words used to describe me at the beginning of my mission.  I just have learned so much about the Atonement. About how it really is everything. And about how much I still need to learn.  But I just am so grateful.  He has carved the path for me.  He has cut down all the bushes in the crazy jungle with His Atonement machete, and all I have to do is stay close to Him and follow Him.  I sure do love Him. 

Gave my final testimony this week.  That’s weird.  But it was all about the Atonement.  Because that’s what I know.  I know everything else is true because I know that’s true.  I am only capable of knowing that is true because of the atonement.  

We have been praying to find families.  And the magic is starting to be seen.  We were talking to an investigator outside their house, and we saw a darling young little family in the distance.  So we hurried and ended that convo, and went to go talk to them.  They seemed super cool.  We set an appointment and went, and they were waiting for us.  The wife had put in a new light bulb in preparation for us. And it was fantastic.  Such a humble but super cool fun family.  Then the next day for church, we went by to pick them up.  The dad was working (he’s a mechanic) and we were like, ah shoot.  But he saw us, and ran inside and changed and they all came with us. Pray for them!!!!  The familia Caceres.  

Last night, we stayed out when we didn’t want to.  I told my comp we would get blessings.  On our way home, we heard our fav song that we hear here, and we were in the middle of this giant field in the dark. We could see the stars perfectly, and could hear the song perfectly (Quiero Casarme Contigo) [Google Translate says it means I Want to Marry You], and we just danced in the dark field.  Ha it was an awesome blessing.  

I really love being a missionary.  Thanks for your prayers.  They are what I need.  Thank you.  I love you. So does God.  Believe Him when He tells you.  He is telling you right now!!!!  Because I am a representative of His, And He wants you to know.  He loves you, He worries about you, He knows you, and He wants to help you.  Isn’t that cool?  He is the coolest.

Love you all!

Hermana J 

1 comment:

  1. Favorite part: "I love you. So does God. Believe Him when He tells you. He is telling you right now!!!! Because I am a representative of His, And He wants you to know. He loves you, He worries about you, He knows you, and He wants to help you. Isn’t that cool? He is the coolest."

    ReplyDelete