Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dalton - 9/9/13 email

Almost into the Double Digits!

In kilos, I mean.  It has to happen now, because I am now competing with almost half of my zone in losing weight before tranfers.  I have to decide whether I like ties or bakery items more.  It’s a tough decision, because I realize that most ties are not filled with caramel.

Hey, just wondering if you all still have that watch that I happened to forget to bring with me to the other hemisphere.  I was thinking that if you’re sending a package anyway, ANYWAY, you could maybe send that in the package and take Billy to the hospital.  And if you get peanut butter, get smooth!  (Don’t actually send peanut butter or take Billy to the hospital.)  [For all you fans out there, that was a Brian Regan reference.]

Let’s see, Teofilo got confirmed this Sunday.  Up top!  Yeah, that was nice.  We're also teaching Raquel and her daughter Katti.  They both, as of this week, have found out that the Book of Mormon is true.  I love the way everyone tries to describe it.  Everyone explains it differently, but we know that it’s the same thing.  It’s fun to see that the Lord doesn’t let anyone down on that.

Hey, I think Davi is going to have this as well, but President Monson is doing a transmission for stake conference this Sunday!  Up top!

One more cool thing that happened this week:  We were in our first lesson with a new investigator, and she was mostly just telling us all of the problems that she's facing in her life.  She even said how she’s not usually this way with opening up to people, but she felt like she should open up to us.  We actually taught very little, but after the little we taught, Elder Sarria asked her how she felt now.  She paused and said, "Honestly, I feel like I could fly.  I was feeling terrible right before you came here, but I feel fantastic now."  It really showed to us that we really aren't the teachers here, because in that example, we essentially weren't able to teach, but the Spirit still edified.

Anyway, I think Elder Sarria and I are going to Domino's, because that should really help me win that competition.  It’s worth a try, at least.  I love you all!  I'll see you when I see you.


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment