Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dalton - 7/15/13 email

[Note from Mama J:  Sorry the blog update is late, but I just got back from girls' camp today.  So I didn't get to read these until today either.  But here you go!]

íFeliz Lunes!

Guess who remembered his camera!  We had two baptisms yesterday:  Mireya and her nine-year-old son, Ilyan.  It was nice.  Mireya has a very strong testimony, and we're excited for her.  It’s fun to see the change in people through the whole process. And, if you're in the mood for fun facts, baptismal fonts in Peru don't have hot water, you spoiled Americans, you.  ¡Jajajaja! Jk



I guess I'll slap the less serious stuff in the middle.  I ate the best piece cake of my entire life yesterday.
Oh man, I'd eat rice every day of my life for another slice of that cake.

Also, I've officially reached my climax of joke-making.  It worked well with both an Ecuadorian and an Argentine comp, so get ready:
¿Por qué los misioneros que no enseñan bien directo nunca estan en barrios fuertes?
--¡Porque ellos se van por las ramas!
Seriously, I should work for that "Uncle Art's Funland" section of the funnies.

I'm super excited for the fact that we have three couples that we're teaching.  One of them (Lucy and Idelson) we taught Saturday about temples, which made Idelson say that he would give anything to have that blessing in his life.  They said yes to getting married, which made the quieter 8-year-old daughter's mouth drop.  That was a lesson worth remembering.  We'll challenge for a date tomorrow.  Another couple is getting the challenge tonight.  I feel like a wedding planner sometimes, but I prefer that to never getting a family baptized.  Also, no worries, because our third couple is already married!  Woohoo!  Also, they have great taste in buying cake and a daughter that's already a member.  What more can I ask for?

I'm having a blast.  Pray for me, but don't worry about me.  Love you!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment