Monday, July 22, 2013

Dalton - 7/22/13 email

You just got an email, you just got an email! You just got an email—I wonder who it's from?

That subject line is only to be read to the tune of the classic Blue's Clue's song, or it's not worthwhile.

Ok, important matter of business:  Dad said he didn't get the joke, so I'll give a translation:  Irse por las ramas is the phrase for "beat around the bush" in Spanish, but the exact translation is more like goes around the branches.  Feel free to shoot milk out your nose now.

Oh, and one more:  ¿Cual animal nunca empiece a leer libros con los primeras hojas?
--¡El Delfin!

Ok, that's it for now, at least that's even worth sharing.

Oh, that reminds me:  Elder Bulacio and I are starting an English class this week, but I don't want it to be super boring.  What are some popular word-play jokes that I've forgotten in English?

This week was a little tough, up until Sunday.  We found a lot of needed new investigators, and I feel good now about the number of potential priesthood holders that we're currently have in the investigator pool.  A surprising amount, really, when compared to the area book here.  That's a real answer to an awful lot of prayers, because that's what we need to help our ward.

I'm also finally starting to feel comfortable with following impressions in finding new people.  That has been something I've been praying for for an even longer time.

So, really, no complaints.  This week, we're planning on challenging a lot of people to marriage.  I'm still resisting the temptation to go tracting using only the law of chastity pamphlet, even though that would save quite a bit of time.

No complaints, really.  Our ward is planning an all-or-nothing ward activity to invite all of the less actives and nonmembers possible.  We're really excited for that.

We're really trying to teach the Plan of Salvation to the less actives here.  I think that can have a much more powerful effect on activity in the church than just teaching about Sabbath day observance, even though that's what most missionaries have done in the past. Because, I mean, every half-baked church in the world teaches some concept of that, but we're blessed to have a much more profound truth.  Just a thought.

Anyway, I don't have a ton of time today, cuz we're going to the zoo!  WOOHOO!

Love you all.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment