Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dalton - email 5/6/13


Was I supposed to know I was in a blog?  I hope I didn’t write anything super embarrassing yet.

Ok, there was one more transfer.  Here's the scoop.  I am officially in the different area in my ward with Elder Paredes, who is from Trujillo.  [See photo.]  He has one transfer left after these next two weeks, so I will be his last companion.  In fact, he'll be going home the same time as President Dorius.  (My new mission president will be President Archibald.  All I know about him is that he's from Arkansas and has ten kids.)  So yeah.  But for what it’s worth, neither President Dorius nor Elder Paredes act trunky.



My side of the Prolima ward is massive.  I'll learn directions soon enough.

That was the strangest thing meeting Matt Kelly yesterday.  [See photo. Matt Kelly is from Sparks, and he was visiting his wife's family in Lima.  That's his mother-in-law, Gladys.]  It was weird enough meeting a white person, but I was definitely weirded out when he asked me, "Are you Doctor Johnson's son?"  Yup, his father-in-law lives in the ward and my old area.  Since you already got the picture, I suppose I don’t have to tell you that I’ve lost about 40 kilos in my face, but essentially nothing from the rest of my body. Or at least, that’s what I think sometimes.

I’m doing great.  It was hard to leave my old area right when we got Anthony in our old area, who was just so ready to go, but we are finding some good people here.  This lady Margarita came with her husband and kids to church a couple of weeks ago and essentially said she has relatives in this church and needs this for her family too.  Well, ok.  I guess we can talk.  Unfortunately, she’s on a trip right now, so we have been trying to find others as well.  We dedicated our fast yesterday to finding more people in this new area for us.  Right as we were walking home, a young man named Daniel stopped us in the street and told us how he has been wanting to learn more from the missionaries for quite some time.  That made the day all worth it.

Don’t worry about me.  I’m having the time of my life.

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment