Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Dalton - But it's almost my birthday!

12/2/13

But it’s almost my birthday!

Hope that the interfaith stuff all went well.  [Our family sang at a Thanksgiving Eve program.]  I'm not going to lie to you, it sounds pretty boring.

Anyway, I'm sure you're all devastated that you won't see me turn 20, but don't worry.  20 is like the awkward stage.  You'll all be able to see me as a butterfly 21-year-old.

This week was good.  I got a little disappointed on Sunday to not see our investigators, but I felt a lot better later in the day Sunday.  We have a golden family that have been investigators for a year.  They didn't seem 100% this past week about their baptismal date for this Wednesday, but our fasting was not in vain.  We went to their house with 5-10 members and I told the dad that his family is there for him. When they left, we talked some more and they are sure for this week.  So, I guess you can say I'm all set in terms of birthday presents.

I've also been thinking a lot about the scripture that says that "I will hasten my work in its time."  More than anything, I've been thinking about the word hasten.  It refers to an acceleration rather than following a fast pace. Many times, when we look at the scriptures, we might not think that it has specific application to us, but this scripture is very specific.  It doesn't apply to those in future generations, but to us.  Those in the next generation, and perhaps even those in 10 years or less, will grow up to find themselves in a hastened work.  Sometimes I have been wondering why this can be so hard, but it's because we have been trusted with the acceleration, which is more difficult than keeping up the fast pace.  It is a real priviledge (Mom, correct that word if I didn’t spell it right) to be a missionary in this moment, just as it is for you all to be members.

Love you!


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment