Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Davi - Just a Gringa

December 30, 2013

Just a Gringa

On Christmas Eve, we were walking to visit a less active, and this kid was walking in the same direction, so we walked together and talked.  He is 14, and was nervous that we were talking to him because he had never talked to a gringa before haha.  But after a little bit, he proceeded to tell us his story.  His mom had died giving birth to him, and his dad has had hard feelings (it sounded like) toward him his whole life because of it.  So he is being raised by his sister, and he was totally alone on Christmas Eve.  We testified that he could meet his mom, and he said, Really?  And we testified more of the love God has for him.  How special he is, and that no matter what he feels, that he is never EVER alone. I just kept saying that.  You aren’t alone, you aren’t alone.  He wouldn’t give us his address, because he was scared of his sister, but he promised to meet us at the church for a baptism on Saturday.  I was fighting tears so hard, and started bawling after we gave him our chifles and chocolate and parted ways. And he was there at the baptism!  And Marcos, the sweetest kid ever, one of the ones in our mission prep class, sat with him and made him feel welcome and everything.  MiguelAngel’s sweet little face seemed different, after even just a little bit of friendship.  Afterward, he came up to us and said, whatever this is that you have here, I want to learn about it.   What an incredible experience.
  
We visited a menos active (less active) and met her family, all of whom aren’t members.  Not her husband, nor her three children.  We have had two lessons with them, during both of which the children were attentive and excited to hear from us.  And the parents are humble and willing, and want to be a part of things.  I seriously had them in my mind when I got my cal to Peru.  That was my image of what it would be like to teach in Peru.  They are amazing.  The fam Alban.  

We have this super cool ward mission plan, and I am so excited about it.  The goal is that every member can either bring someone into the church or bring someone back to church this year.  So January is find. February is invite.  March is teach.  April is baptize.  They are all excited about it.  oh man :)

So, sometimes being on a mission is hard.  I hope that didn’t come as news to anyone.  But if it does, just hold on.  I am explaining myself.  There was a time several years back when I had roadrash super bad, all over the front of my legs and the tops of my feet.  I got home, and my dad had to clean me up.  It hurt SO bad.  But he had to get the rocks out if I was going to heal. He had to.  And I knew that.  But it still hurt really bad.  But the thing is, that he was hurting just as bad as I was.  I saw his eyes welling up.  And while he was cleaning me up with one hand, he was holding my hand with the other.  I know that is how it is with us and Heavenly Father.  He loves us SO much.  Yea, He has to clean us up, He has to get the rocks out, but it hurts Him more than it hurts us to have to do it.  But it’s so we can get better, so we can heal.  And He is crying with us, and holding our hands all through it.  I have a testimony of that.

Gosh, I wish there was time to tell you about all the miracles!  There are just too many!  

I know God loves us, no matter what.  And here I am, getting to proclaim it 24/7.  I love it.  What a blessing.

Please pray for:  the fam Gil, the fam Castillo, the fam Alban, the fam Farias Peña, Judith, Rosa, Antonio, y Robert.  And for the members of Talara Alta y Bello Horizonte.  Thank you.  I love you!


Hermana J

No comments:

Post a Comment