Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Davi - Animo, not Anime

December 16, 2013

Animo, not Anime


Ok, first I have to tell you about something I did this morning, because I want all of you to be proud of me and tell me it’s all going to be ok.  My dear sweet companion from Guatemala made black beans a while back.  They were delicious.  But apparently there were leftovers that got forgotten about.  And I found them this morning, with WORMitas all over the place.  I was horrified.  And I cleaned it all out.  Had one of the worst smells I have ever smelt.  I still can’t think about food because I have been nauseous ever since.  But, hey I did it.  Apparently worms can literally be born from the food.  I had no idea that beans had the capacity to give birth.  Even though I had the job of changing adult diapers for a summer, this morning was still one of the raunchiest things I have ever made myself do.  Please, someone tell me you are proud of me.

This week:  I feel like I am finally starting to get it a little bit.  The importance of the temple. Like all of these people are inactive in the church.  Because they really weren’t invited to catch the vision.  To really see what they could become.  Baptism is simply a step to the temple.  It is a step to becoming who God wants us to be, to realizing the joy and greatness that He has in store for us.  The temple is where they really belong.  That is where they will be able to receive the promised blessings of the Lord.  The work of the latter days is simply temple work.  D y C 138, y’all.  So that means missionary work in the latter days is getting them to the temple. It changes everything.  Seriously.  It makes everything else make so much more sense.  Like, we taught Karmen about temples, and she was like, OH, I need to get baptized and do all these things so I can go to the temple in a year.  And all of a sudden she had a reason!  Like before she was walking with her beautiful blind faith, and then when she found out about temples, she didn’t feel blind anymore.  She had direction.  She knew where she was headed and where God wanted her to be. How awesome is this!!  I feel so lucky that I got to work there before this.  Because of all things in the gospel, I have the most animo [zeal; enthusiasm] when testifying of temples.  It’s the most like AAHHHH  IT’S SO COOL!!!  of all.  

I have less than half my mission left.  How terrifying is that?

I looove teaching our little mission prep group.  They are the sweetest.  One of them brought a non-member friend to it, which was so cool too.  And they are all so excited to help him into the Church.  And Marcos, a real solid, stalwart 17-year-old, ended up asking for advice about getting an answer for if the Church is true.  He is so sweet! Like here he is, patiently and faithfully awaiting an answer to a very important question, but still going forward with his mission, with coming to church every Sunday even if his friends don’t.  I think that is such a good example. Just, move forward.  When you don’t know exactly, when you feel like you are missing something, when you are waiting on the Lord, walk while you are waiting.  Keep going.  Keep being faithful and doing what you know is right.  That is faith to me.  Doing what you know is right even when you don’t feel it.  

It is pretty rad, huh?  Getting to learn all of these cool things from these amazing people.  I love it.  And I love all of you.  I pray for you all the time.  And please keep praying for me.  And for Judith, and Gina, and the Fam Castillo, and Rosa, and the Fam Gil, and Jefrey and Migual angel.  And the members of Bello Horizonte and Talara Alta, in distrito de Talara.  Please and thank you.  

God loves you!  Remember that!


Hna Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment