Thursday, December 12, 2013

Dalton - Mis Viente Añitos

December 9, 2013

Mis viente añitos [my 20 little years]
Hey everyone, I'm 20!  I look the same.  I was kind of expecting to have the same kind of bodily reaction as Jim Carrey as the Grinch when his heart grew 3 sizes.  But no.  My body, however, did react to being served way too much food for my birthday.  It's for that reason that I didn’t make the cake that y’all sent.  Oh, yeah, I got that package you all sent!  It was nice.  The sprinkles card was good for my sophisticated level of humor. I must say, however, and this pains me to say it: the monkey card wins.  Congratulations, Sister Adlish! You just can’t beat the classics.

Hey, the Cruz family got baptized this week!  That was nice.  They are the eternal investigators that we luckily got to baptize.  The Spirit was strong there during the ordinance, and the nice thing about baptizing eternal investigators is that they already know the ward.



After weeks of not finding them, we were able to teach Rosa and Pepe (Pepe is the pensionist's cousin). This is exciting, because his wife, who was raised super Catholic, listened very intently this time and recognized the spirit.  Something exciting about this is that this could be the key to activating all of that extended family (imagine huge families like Quirk or Hansen being inactive in our stake, and just replace that with the name Trujillo, and that's the goldmine we almost have).

Also, Martha Wilson and her family are coming along.  Martha is the less active that we miraculously found by talking to her in the street, (she doesn't show up in the directory).  Her daughter and her partner responded positively to the awkward "so, you two getting hitched, or what?" invitation.

Some exciting things happening here!  I think it calls for some Pollo a la Brasa [chicken a la hot coals-must mean barbecued chicken] today.  Speaking of which, I think I'm getting worse with money now.  I'm not sure if it's because of the fact that any currency that isn't the dollar looks like Monopoly money.  But no worries.  Pollo a la Brasa is important.


Love you all and hope you're doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment