Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Family Equals Strength

March 31, 2014

Family Equals Strength

This is like, totally how I imagined a mission before my mission.  Well, not exactly, because I am like way too used to amazing spiritual experiences, but it is just so great.  Here I am, with the one and only Hna thebomb.com Harrison, in Castilla, with the greatest ward ever too.  I am so in love with them.  They aren’t a ton, but they are all sooo stalwart!  We have fewer people here in this ward than in either of my branches, but it is so strong!  I was thinking about why that would be, and I looked around the sacrament meeting room, and it was just like all in families.  Priesthood only has a few less people in it than Relief Society.  That is like, unheard of. Really, just a testimony of families.  That that is where the strength is.  

I feel like we have so many cool opportunities here too.  Like, people give us referrals!!  And since we are the new white sisters, I think that helps.  They are all like, well, the elders have tried to teach our friends, but you guys are sisters.  So let’s go with you and try!  And they all think that we are just super clueless, so they are trying to help us a ton.  And all of the member sisters are super down for going with us.  And we are like literally only working with part-member families and referrals here.  Just in one week, that is like what we were given. Because we came in, and decided to just do it exactly how we have always wanted to—through the members.  And here it all is!  They are totally doing it, and so well! I am glowingly proud of them.  I seriously LOVE them.  And I LOVE being with Hna Harrison. 

Luckily, I already kind of got the hang of Spanish before us being comps, because we only talk in English in the apartment.  Well, almost. Prayers and practices and when we first wake up we talk in Spanish.  We are having such a blast.  We talk nonstop (weird) and are having so much fun being missionaries!!!  Like, this is how it is supposed to be!  I am so grateful that God has given me this chance.  He loves me.  And He loves you.  And He will give back.  

PS - sorry, I will fill you in on people next week.  Fam Garcia, Fam Elias, Fam Menrique, Josue, Tamara for this week.  Thanks ;)

Love,

Hermana J

No comments:

Post a Comment