Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Semana Santa

April 21, 2014

Semana Santa

Hey, no Easter egg hunt?  Me niether!  (I had to review Brian Regan’s "I before E" rule in my mind while writing that word.)  [Poor Dalton—the “I before E” rule doesn’t work in this case.]  Over here, there's not really any of that.  Just the tradition to not eat meat or chicken Thursday or Friday, which we didn’t exactly follow.  But, we did so happen to eat rice and chicken for lunch on Sunday, so there's that.  [I asked Dalton why he thought there would be Word of Wisdom issues last week…]  And for your question, Mom, I wouldn't say that everyone is super drunk in Semana Santa [Holy Week], but it's just that the people who are already good at drinking have more time to do so.  That wasn't really a problem.

On Saturday, I went to my nightly prayer realizing that we really didn't have anyone that's progressing.  I asked for a miracle the next day in finding a family that's willing to make covenants.  The answer came on Sunday at 8, the last appointment of the week.  His name is Juan, he was a referral, he's married, he listened to the missionaries years ago, he knows that the Book of Mormon is true, and he accepted the baptismal invitation. Well, we have an appointment on Wednesday with the whole family, but that, for me, was a good Easter.  I felt like Elder Christensen teaching German.  [Huh?]

There was another man that we taught named Vicente, who said that he would go to church every once in a while but didn't leave satisfied.  I learned a lot from him.  That's how a lot of people must feel, but they just don't tell us.

Oh, and Fredi is a priest now!  That's what I'm talking about!

Anyway, I love you all!


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment