Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What? The Olympics?

April 7, 2014

What?  The Olympics?

No, there was no tsunami here.  I guess I just wasn't meant to ever make it on the Church World Report things between sessions of conference.  Thank you for your prayers.  Everything is fine here.

Also, was I the only one that needed a general authority during conference to notify me that the Olympics happened?  That can sure sneak up on you when you're a missionary.  Are you saying I don't get to watch curling until 2018?  As a side note, I hope that the same thing happens to everyone here during the World Cup.

Conference was fantastic.  I decided that I'm going to read President Uchtdorf's talk periodically for the rest of my life after my mission.  It's like the perfect returned missionary talk.  During Elder Ballard's talk, I felt that I should start sharing thoughts about PMG in my emails home, whether they be ideas to apply now or when I get home. Thought for this week:  When I get home, I want to do daily planning sessions at the end of the day and a weekly planning session once a week.  These sessions obviously don't have to be exactly the same as those on the mission, but the principle should be the same:  set goals, and, if needed, make plans to reach the goal.  Of course, this could take less than a minute on some days, but at least you will have something to take to the Lord in your nightly prayer and have a vision for what you can accomplish, including with your goals in terms of missionary work.

Alicia is getting baptized on Saturday!  She went to all four sessions of conference, took notes, and even came to church with a dress, though we didn't even invite her to do so.  We're really excited for that service.

Also, another great thing that happened:  Paul Mendoza had an interview with the branch president to set a goal to receive the higher priesthood.  It was nice to see a man with hair down to his shoulders tell us that he wants to give his frail, faithful mom a priesthood blessing when she needs it.

Keep being good.  Follow the prophet.  Love you.


Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment